Friday, February 18, 2011

Have you cleaned YOUR kitchen??

That was the theme of today's Weight Watcher's meeting.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj_ioi6LG34  We talked about getting rid of "unsafe" foods meaning foods we can't stop eating or can't say no to.  For me it's definitely sweets!  A friend brought over a whole home made coconut cake last night and I about passed out with fear that she would leave it here!  She didn't thank God.  Whew!  That was a close call for moi. I feel it's absolutely imperative that we know the foods that trigger an eating frenzy and keep them away from us at all (well almost all) costs.  It's like an ex alcoholic buying a bottle of wine "for the guests".  You shouldn't tempt the hand of God or your own mouth.

Here's my picture as of today with 11.6 pounds gone so far (I started January 7th)-
1 more pound gone!


I lost another whole pound this week and that makes me very happy!  The weight loss will usually slow a little at this point, instead of 2-3 pounds a week it will be more like 1-2.  Maybe even none some weeks, maybe even a....GAIN!  But I'll keep pushing on and doing what is right because this is about health first and foremost.  And I am unhealthy this overweight.  So no matter what that little number says on the scale I'll keep re-learning to eat (the right way) and learning to like exercise and doing what is necessary to lose it ALL once and for ALL.

Speaking of exercise, my Husband bought me Zumba Fitness for the PS3 for Valentine's Day.

OMG it's FUN!  I have only been able to do it once so far for 30 minutes but I didn't even realize that much time had passed because I was too busy trying to keep up with the dance instructor.  Hopefully the work will be done on our bathroom by Monday so I can start dancing on a regular schedule.  I can't wait!  I've never in my whole life had "fun" exercising.  I did however love to dance when I was young.  It's about finding something fun so you will stick with it.
Well, I hope you all are doing well.  Please leave me a comment and let me know how you are.  Love and LESS of me,
Nicole

1 comment:

Sheraldine said...

Keep up the good work Nicole, I have lost 18 pounds now and it has taken me since Dec 23rd. IT seems like a snails pace but is making a difference in the way I feel and look for sure. I want to excercise now and move a lot easier than before. Don went from a 2x to a Medium and is eating healthy (as I am). A lot of fish taco's, good veggies and fruits, lots of water etc. Not much red meat and no sugar,salt or butter. I was a butter freak and now it is a little olive oil if anything and lots of herbs and spices on food to make up for the lack of salt. Great diet soups have helped a lot....low fat, filling and healthy. Well, good job and maybe we can keep each other on track. Lou and I want to visit in the spring some time and perhaps there will be less us both of us!! Love ya, Sheraldine!